Vehicle Specification-as purchased
- Landrover Defender 130 200Tdi
- Twin cab with truckman rear on pickup body
- 55lt auxillary fuel tank
- Large Maggiolina roof tent set on truckman
- Front expedition roof rack with 4 driving lights mounted
- Safari snorkel fitted
- PTO winch fitted to bull bar
- Twin batteries under passenger seat
- Twin batteries in rear pod - under storage benches
- Zues timing gears
- Chipped turbo intercooler
- Twin Shocks to rear
- Disc brakes all round
- Sand Ladders
Our Modifications-before travels.
- Relocated roof tent to front roof rack
- Removal of rear roof rack
- Removal of one rear battery and rewiring
- Auxillary fuel tank indicator light
- Fitted 90lt water tank with filter, pump & shower head in rear cab
- Installed plastic drawer system over water tank
- Fitted power inverter in rear cab
- Fitted air compressor with 10lt air tank
- Installed sunroof above rear seats of twin cab
- Created hatch in roof tent base for access to cab via sunroof
- Rust work touch ups
Christened after Cecil John Rhodes - the great explorer.
Who was known to the native Africans as 'Lodzi'
Purchased in Hull from fellow expeditors. (Many thanks to Arthur)
Known travel history - Safari in Pyrenees, Sahara Crossing and Corsica trip.
Our Test Run - Return trip from UK to Morzine, France for a weeks moutain biking
and camping holiday.